Amos Yee Granted US Asylum!
Word is the blogger from Singapore known as Amos Yee has finally been granted asylum to remain in the United States of America. Yall know what went down a few years back with Amos Yee and the whole freedom of speech business that lead the teenager to spend time in jail for speaking out against the Singaporean government. Well good for him. Like I said the more he tried to speak out against them the more they would be more or less likely to jail him again and again and again. Then again he always sounded American so thats just the place for him. Once he enters America then he can speak out even more so. The government wont care then because hes already left their country but once he does leave then they will be unable to jail him for speaking out. Talk about a win/win situation?

According to information at 13 years of age he won awards for Best Short Film and Best Actor at The New Papers First Film Fest (FFF) for his film Jan. The New Paper described Yee as having taken on four different acting roles in his "self-written, self-directed film", which was described as a "twisted dark comedy" in which a boy tries to persuade his three friends to help a cancer-stricken girl. Looking at him three years before he was sent to jail show us that he was very different and that is most likely the inner-Amos. Because people never change no matter how hard they try, deep down they are always the same person, yet most of them put on this fake persona. Specially people of the 13-18 age group. I was the same when I was 16-18. I never changed and I always loved media and games and still do. I bet Amos Yee is still a massive fan of Harry Potter to this day but he wont admit it. Trust me on this one I know. Amos didnt have a care in the world three years before he had turned 16. It was quite easy to find out more about him. These people allow their life to be shared then they try to backtrack. But I guess that is the only way to be heard in this great big world in which we live. I have followed Amos Yee and his story for years now. I dont idolize but I find what he has done or is doing to be quite interesting to say the least and like others on the internet I am going to have my say regardless of what anyone thinks. Amos Yee is also a feminist a male one at that. Im not fond of feminism. I like it a little...but I truly think its a cult. But looking deeper!? Its the advocacy of womens rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. So when I see men butt in it makes me think!? Hmm? This isnt about you! Are you female!? No!!! Feminism is about equal rights and womens rights. But I think its needed more elsewhere like third world countries. You know what they say women was made after man, so man comes first but not to be some backwater slave.
Like I always say there are those that stand up for what they believe in. A few years ago he was a kid but now he is a man so now when he rants and raves what he says will make a little more sense. You know "some" children they should be seen and not heard...well thats what I think. Anyway like I said good luck to him and who knows what the future holds for him. Hes 18 and as you know that is the age to start anew.
Amos Yee:
Many Singaporeans think that it�s a bit of a stretch to call Singapore a dictatorship.
1. Elections department controlled by prime minister�s office leading to gerrymandering and measures like the NCMP, GRC system and cooling-off day that keeps elections unfair.
2. All non-violent public protests are illegal.
3. Government controls the entire mainstream media and makes it illegal for people to distribute their own newspapers until they get a permit from the government.
4. Trade Unions (groups of people that negotiate better wages and working conditions) are controlled by the government.
5. Strikes (Mass amount of workers refusing to go to work to act as a protest against unfair wages) are illegal.
6. PAP controls most of the syllabus and curriculum in both state and private schools.
7. PAP has 93% of the seats in parliament and has won every general election for the past 50 years.
8. Laws preferential to pro-government individuals (like opposition individuals Roy Ngerng and Teo Soh Lung getting arrested for violating cooling off day but not PAP members Tin Pei Ling and Vivian Balakrishnan. Or Amos Yee (Me) getting arrested for �intending to wound religious feelings� but not youth PAP member Jason Neo who committed the same offence.
9. Government has arrested individuals who threatened the Government�s power (like imprisoning over 30 members of the barisan sosialis (popular opposition group) for up to 17 years by falsely accusing them of being �Violent Communists� under operation coldstore in 1963, and imprisoning 22 opposition supporters for months by falsely accusing them of being �violent Marxists� under operation spectrum in 1987. Singapore is a dictatorship. Singapore is a dictatorship. Singapore is a dictatorship.
Alls well that ends well and now to end up in the usual B.M blogging style only those with eyes like hawks will get the joke. I love to sing-a About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a, I love to sing-a, About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a, Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a," I love to, I love to sing! Give me a song-a About a son-a gun that went and done her wrong-a. But keep it clean-a, With a cottage small-a by a waterfall-a, Any sob-a that will throb-a to a bluebirds call-a, I love, I love to sing! I was born a singin fool-a, Lah-de-dah! Ol Major Bowes is gonna spot me, Got through Yale with boula-boula, Lah-de-dah! Old microphones got me! I love to sing-a, I love to wake up with the south-a in my mouth-a, And wave a flag-a, With a cheer for Uncle Sammy and another for my mammy, I love to sing! The swinginest, Hot singinest, Bell-ringinest, Song singinest High tootinest, Sky tootinest, I love to sing!
alternative link download